Search for lawyers
Main Practice Areas
Miguel Durham Agrellos is a senior associate in the Porto office of Uría Menéndez. He joined us in November 2004 when the law firm Vasconcelos, F. Sá Carneiro, Fontes & Associados merged with Uría Menéndez.
Miguel heads the Tax Practice Area in the Porto office. His practice focuses on tax law, particularly in the following areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions: advice on tax issues arising from the acquisition and sale of companies, mergers, IPOs and joint ventures;
- International tax planning: general advice on foreign investments in Portugal (including taxation of non-resident companies and individuals) as well as Portuguese investments abroad;
- Real estate transactions: advice to clients on all tax issues, particularly those related to the acquisition and transfer of real estate and real estate projects;
- Tax litigation: representation of clients in proceedings; preparation of claims and appeals before the Portuguese tax authorities and the Portuguese courts.
- Law Degree, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto), 1998
- Postgraduate Degree in Management, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto), 1999
- Postgraduate Degree in Tax Law, Instituto Superior de Gestão (Lisbon), 2003
Membership of Professional Associations
- Portuguese Bar Association
- Portuguese Association of Tax Consultants