Search for lawyers
Manuel García-Villarrubia is a lawyer in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 1995 and became a partner in January 2005.
Manuel focuses his practice primarily on civil and administrative litigation. He has been involved in all aspects of judicial and arbitration proceedings, including some of the most prominent proceedings brought before the Spanish courts and domestic and international arbitration tribunals. These include proceedings challenging corporate resolutions adopted by listed and non-listed companies; corporate disputes; claims for payment; breach of contract disputes; construction-related claims; unfair competition issues; and industrial property right infringements. He also has extensive experience in enforcement proceedings and proceedings for the recognition and enforcement in Spain of foreign judicial decisions and arbitration awards.
Manuel also specialises in insolvency and distressed debt matters.
Manuel has represented clients in administrative judicial proceedings on matters related to the awarding of public contracts and administrative dispensations; public subsidies; administrative sanctions imposed on companies for infringements concerning auditing, competition, environmental matters, regulation of financial entities, stock markets and insurance.
In 2009, Iberian Lawyer included Manuel in its 40 under Forty Awards recognising excellence of top Iberian lawyers under the age of 40.
- Law Degree (with Honours),Universidad Pontificia Comillas, 1995
- Ph.D. Candidate, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Litigation Department)
Membership of Professional Associations
- Madrid Bar Association
- Club Español de Arbitraje (Spanish Arbitration Club)
- Club Empresarial ICADE (ICADE Business Club)
- European Company Lawyers Association
- Royal Academy of Legislation and Jurisprudence (Contributing Member)
- Corte Española de Arbitraje (Spanish Arbitration Court)
- Corte de Arbitraje de Madrid (Madrid Arbitration Court)