Aviation“Deals with a huge amount of work with a great degree of success, without ever compromising on quality or dedication.” (Chambers Europe, 2010)
Tomás Fernández-Quirós Tuñón is a partner in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in January 2000 when his previous firm, maritime specialists Figaredo & Asociados, merged with Uría Menéndez. From 2002 to 2011 Tomás was based in the firm’s office in Barcelona.
Tomás specialises in maritime and transport law, and in international litigation and arbitration. He advises Spanish and foreign companies in the maritime and port sector and financial entities in projects relating to the development, operation and financing of ports and ports terminals. He also has extensive expertise in the naval sector.
He is regarded as a leading lawyer for maritime law by The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers. España (2011 and 2010) and Chambers Europe (2010 and 2009).
- Law Degree, Universidad de Oviedo, 1989
- Master's Degree in Maritime Law, European Institute of Maritime Studies, 1990
Membership of Professional Associations
- Spanish Association of Maritime Law (AEDM)
- Spanish Section of the International Association of Insurance Law (SEAIDA)
- International Bar Association