International Arbitration“The quality of the work is great, as is the responsiveness and the relationships that the lawyers strike up with their clients.” (Chambers Europe, 2012)
We work on matters in ad hoc multidisciplinary teams made up of specialists in arbitration, international litigation, dispute resolution and other practice areas. This flexibility allows clients to benefit from our expertise in areas such as corporate law, securities markets, financing, construction projects, energy and infrastructures, national and international contracts, and new technologies, and at the same time be guaranteed advice from lawyers experienced in international matters.
We are highly specialised in all aspects of international arbitration, on both commercial and investment protection matters. Our lawyers are regularly involved in international arbitration proceedings, carried out in various languages and involving a wide range of national laws.
Our lawyers have represented clients in proceedings in the main seats of arbitration (Paris, London, New York, Washington D.C., Geneva, Zurich, The Hague, Madrid and Lisbon), and also act as arbitrators, regularly publish papers, and collaborate with arbitral bodies in the Iberian Peninsula and around the world.
- Commercial arbitration (ad hoc, ICC, LCIA, Swiss Chambers’ Court of Arbitration, and others), investment protection (ICSID, amongst others) and other specialist areas (CAS, IATA, WIPO)
- Strategic advice at the start of a dispute, including mediation and expert opinions
- Choice of bodies and the most appropriate regulations
- Selection of arbitrators
- Representation and defence throughout the arbitration proceedings
Steps taken before the tribunals
- Competent jurisdiction disputes
- Interim measures before judicial and arbitration courts
- Annulment or review of arbitral awards
- Enforcement of foreign arbitral awards