Banking and Finance“A multidisciplinary team prepared to give high-quality advice on any subject needed. A truly great law firm.” (Chambers Europe, 2012)
Elizabeth Torrecillas is a lawyer of Uría Menéndez based in the Valencia office. She joined the firm in 1995 and became a partner in 2004. She is a member of the Finance Practice Area.
Her main practice areas are commercial law, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and financing, with a particular focus on acquisitions, real estate and infrastructure transactions. Elizabeth also advises insurance companies and managers of pension plans and funds.
Elizabeth has advised on transactions of a very varied nature, including:
- financing agreements and debt restructuring, both bilateral and syndicated, particularly in the real estate and services sectors;
- debt capital markets transactions and securitisations, both local and international, including advice to public sector clients;
- corporate acquisitions and joint ventures;
- mergers and the restructuring of corporate groups;
- contracts in general and, in particular, distribution agreements and consumer rights;
- insurance company transactions, including company acquisitions, mergers and portfolio transfers, as well as general regulatory advice.
She also regularly advises Spanish and international entities operating in the financing, insurance and industrial sectors on financing, corporate, regulatory, real estate, commercial, and contractual matters, amongst others.
She is the non-executive secretary or vice-secretary to the board of several companies.
- Law Degree, Universitat de Valencia, 1990
- Master's Degree in Tax Law, Escuela de la Empresa, 1992
Membership of Professional Associations
- Valencia Bar Association