Private Equity“Aided by the firm's expertise in M&A, restructuring and capital markets, the large team advises top private equity firms and listed companies on complex and high-profile ventures.” (Chambers Europe, 2012)
Our lawyers have a thorough understanding of the private equity sector, not only in Spain and Portugal, but also overseas. This enables us to anticipate market trends and create innovative structures.
Thanks to the synergies developed by working closely with the M&A, Banking and Finance, Restructuring, Capital Markets, Tax, Competition, Labour and Litigation Practice Areas, we are in a privileged position to advise on all aspects of private equity deals. We offer our clients extensive experience in M&A related to investments by private equity funds in private and listed companies, in financing, senior management incentives, designing creative solutions to structure foreign and domestic transactions from a tax perspective, as well as divestments and stock market flotations.
- Setting up Spanish and Portuguese venture capital firms and funds
- Investment structures and capital raising
- General partners and limited partners
- Acquisition of all types of companies through purchases, mergers and capital increases; public-to-private transactions and the exclusion of minority shareholders
Leveraged buy-outs (LBOs), management buy-outs (MBOs) and management buy-ins (MBIs)
- Turn-arounds and restructurings. Distressed debt investments
- Acquisition finance. Advice to venture capital firms and financiers: senior and mezzanine financing and vendor loans
- Bond issues, high yield bonds and other debt instruments
- Asset securitisation
- Incentive plans for management teams. Advice to funds and directors
- Investments at any stage of a company’s life, e.g. bolt-on acquisitions
- Divestments through sales to industrial companies, other venture capital firms and public offers for sale. Alternative divestment strategies: securitisations, recapitalisations and other types of capital restructuring