Media and Telecommunications“This Spanish giant maintains an impressive TMT practice, with outstanding capabilities in all aspects of the area.” (Chambers Europe, 2012)
Uría Menéndez has a long tradition of advising on telecommunications, media and technology. Our knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, innovations and trends is key to providing our clients with the best possible advice.
In addition to having participated in large corporate transactions in these sectors, we also advise telecommunications and media companies (TV, press, radio and internet) on their day-to-day contracting, regulatory matters and relationships with consumers and users.
- General advice on telecommunications regulations
- Regulations applicable to telecommunications operators
- Contracts between operators (interconnection, roaming, sharing of infrastructures) and with third parties (network financing and outsourcing)
- Proceedings before regulatory authorities
- Sale and purchase of telecommunications companies
- Advice on sector-specific regulations for television, radio and other media
- Transfer of radio and television licences and concessions.
- Sale and purchase of media companies.
- Public tenders