Insolvency“’Uria is always ahead,’ says another rival. ‘They have a great team of people with a very nice interface of banking, commercial, insolvency, private and international law; very well rounded and very able people. We have a lot of respect for them.’” (IFLR 1000, 2010)
We have a breadth of experience advising all the parties affected when a company is in financial distress. Our advice includes: group restructurings, debt refinancing, protection of creditors’ rights, liability of board members and investments in distressed debt and liabilities of insolvent companies.
Our experience in insolvency spans the main sectors of an economy. This enables us to confront any corporate distress situation with an in-depth knowledge of the issues at stake and potential cross-border implications.
- Pre-insolvency advice
- Directors’ liability
- Preparation of voluntary arrangements
- Advice on administrative receiverships
- Collective redundancies
- Advice during liquidation
- Recognition and enforcement of court decisions issued in foreign insolvency proceedings
- Structuring of investments in distressed debt and liabilities of insolvent companies
- Challenge and recognition of credits
- Protection of creditors’ rights
- Enforcement of guarantees
- Enforcement and recognition of foreign credits and guarantees in Spanish and Portuguese insolvency proceedings