Defence and Aerospace“Uría is undoubtedly one of the most highly regarded firms for technical excellence and the provision of creative and innovative solutions.” (Chambers Europe)
Carlos Viladàs is partner emeritus of Uría Menéndez. He was admitted to the Barcelona Bar in 1976 and joined Uría Menéndez's Barcelona office in 1989. He has been a partner of the firm since 1991 and was head of the Barcelona office from 1996 to 2001.
Carlos' professional expertise encompasses a wide variety of areas, including:
- The acquisition of companies in the industrial, mining and services sectors; sales of industrial and service companies.
- Mergers, joint-ventures and other types of agreements between companies, particularly in the financial, industrial and logistics services sectors.
- Banking-insurance transactions.
- The establishment of specialised shopping centres.
- Sale and acquisition of real estate.
- Advising sports people, artists and cultural associations.
- Product liability litigation, in particular tobacco-related claims; legal and arbitration proceedings concerning disputes among shareholders and the enforcement of representations and warranties.
- Criminal litigation dealing with economic, environmental and corporate issues, threats, and accidents at work, especially on construction sites.
- Insolvencies and plant closures.
He is regarded as a leading lawyer by the main international legal directories, such as, Chambers & Partners PLC and International Who's Who of Lawyers, among others.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Barcelona, 1975
- Ph.D. in Law, Universidad de Barcelona, 1981
- Visiting scholar, Stanford University, California, 1981-1982 (Fulbright Scholarship)
Membership of Professional Associations
- Barcelona Bar Association
- International Bar Association