Competition“Clients highlight its outstanding levels of expertise.” (Chambers Europe, 2012)
We advise public bodies, professional associations, companies and multinationals from all types of economic sectors in Spain and Portugal and before the EU.
We are experienced in all areas of Spanish, Portuguese and EU competition law, ranging from preventive advice to representing and defending clients in administrative sanction proceedings, appeals and claims before Spanish, Portuguese and EU bodies. Our direct presence in the main business centres in Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Peru), Brussels and Beijing, and a consolidated network of highly acclaimed collaborating law firms in a number of other countries, puts us in a privileged position to coordinate multi-jurisdictional transactions.
National and international legal directories have ranked us number one for our competition work in areas such as:
- Merger control, including the international coordination of notification proceedings and the design and negotiation of undertakings
- Restrictive practices and the abuse of dominant positions, including the assessment of agreements and strategic alliances
- Infringement proceedings (including leniency applications) before and inspections by competition authorities
- Reports and recommendations on regulatory changes
- Compliance programmes, including practical guidelines, protocols for inspections and training for managers and employees
- Proceedings before the European Commission and European and national courts, including the recovery of illegal state aid