Energy“The lawyers provide a comprehensive service which covers regulatory and contractual matters, financings, exploration permits and acquisitions in the gas, electricity and renewables sectors.“ (Chambers Europe, 2012)
We provide comprehensive advice on every aspect of the energy sector, from regulatory and contractual issues to financing and acquisitions. Our lawyers in the Energy Practice Area combine experience in the development, construction and financing of projects with an active involvement in M&A of energy operators.
Our clients in this area include energy companies, industry associations, financial entities, investors and developers. Since the liberalisation of the energy sector, we have taken part in some of the most significant corporate transactions, including the acquisition and financing of companies and energy assets and the design of innovative asset financing and acquisition structures.
Our work in this area focuses on the electricity, natural gas, liquid hydrocarbons and renewable energies markets.
- Regulatory advice to special and ordinary electricity producers
- Matters relating to the supply (authorisations, registration and contracts) and trading of electricity (virtual auctions, derivatives and physical contracts) and emission rights
- Development, construction and operation of generation plants and other electricity assets
- Acquisitions of companies and electricity assets
- Negotiation of supply, tolling, turnkey, operation and maintenance contracts
- Advice to financial entities and developers on project finance for the construction, operation and acquisition of electricity assets
- Projects concerning the collection, transportation and storage of CO2
- Advice on regulatory and contractual matters in the development, construction and operation of regasification plants, storage, gas pipes and distribution networks. Advice on the regulatory and financial aspects of gas-related activities
- Natural gas and liquefied natural gas supply contracts
- Commercialisation of natural gas.
- Company acquisitions, acquisition and financing of gas-related assets.
- Concessions and authorisations for exploration, research and production
- Storage and trading of oil products
- Acquisitions of companies and assets of hydrocarbon transport infrastructure operators, wholesalers and retailers of oil products
- Regulatory advice to project developers, lenders and operators of renewables projects (cogeneration, wind, solar photovoltaic, solar thermal and biomass)
- Due diligence of projects for developers, investors and lenders
- Financing of renewable energy projects
- Acquisition of projects and companies with generation assets