Project Finance“This firm shows vast knowledge and exceptional experience in the area of administrative and projects law, and acts in a swift and proficient manner.” (Chambers Europe, 2012)
Uría Menéndez is the market-leader in non-recourse and limited recourse financing of power plants, regasification plants, wind power projects, solar power projects, and generally, all types of energy infrastructures. We also have extensive experience in financing projects in the infrastructure sector (roads, railways, ports, dams, waste treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants and water pipelines, and large urbanisation works). We advise on projects in the Iberian market, Europe and Latin America.
Our clients are as varied as the projects in which we are involved, and include promoters, financing entities, monoline insurers and rating agencies.
- Tendering for infrastructure concessions
- Project design, including contractual, tax, environmental and regulatory aspects
- Project contracts (including construction, supply and subsequent sale contracts for final products)
- Due diligence analysis of the corporate, contractual, environmental, regulatory and tax aspects of projects
- Mandate letters and term sheets
- Senior facility, VAT facility, interest rate hedging and inter-creditor agreements, security packages and sponsor support contracts
- Syndication contracts and legal aspects of information memorandums