Mergers and Acquisitions“The sizeable corporate/M&A practice at this prestigious firm receives enthusiastic client feedback for its advice on a range of matters. Much of the team's work is international.” (Chambers Europe, 2012)
Elena Úbeda is a partner in the Barcelona office of Uría Menéndez. She joined the firm in 1990 and became a partner in 2003.
Elena advises on corporate and commercial law and has acquired particular expertise in the acquisition and restructuring of companies, both at home and abroad. She has participated in numerous transactions, such as:
- Mergers and spin-offs.
- Major corporate sale and acquisition transactions, covering all stages from the due diligence process and negotiations through to closing, mainly in the food, chemical and metallurgical sectors.
- Private offers for the acquisition of companies, leading the preparation and the lodging of such offers.
- Joint ventures in the industrial, commercial and services sectors.
- Multinational corporations on reorganisation and restructuring projects.
- Corporate real estate restructuring transactions, particularly in the hotel sector.
Elena frequently advises French and Belgian clients on their investments in Spain and provides them with day-to-day advice on contractual, commercial and company law.
Elena is now working on national and international asset and receivable securitisation programmes with financial entities, and in the field of private equity.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Barcelona, 1989
- LL.M. in International Business Law, London School of Economics and Political Science, 1990
Membership of Professional Associations
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Italian Chamber of Commerce
- Union Internationale des Avocats