Maritime“‘Always one of the first choices’ for maritime matters, Uría Menéndez’s practice provides ‘a high level of service, including excellent business acumen.’” (The Legal 500, 2012)
Our Maritime Practice Area not only advises clients on specific maritime matters, but also works hand-in-hand with other practice areas to offer comprehensive advice on any issue that affects the interests of domestic and international companies carrying out maritime and port activities.
Our clients include shipyards, insurers, reinsurers and P&I Clubs, insurance and reinsurance brokers, financiers, ship owners, transport operators, port terminals and companies in the tourism sector.
- Vessel construction, financing and acquisition agreements
- Charter parties and other contracts of carriage
- Marine casualties
- Marine litigation and insurance
- M&A of shipping companies
- Ports: terminals and port services; regulation, financing and operation
- Administrative and regulatory issues
- International sales of goods
- Super yachts
- Tourism law
- Labour and tax law
- Restructuring and insolvency of shipping companies and shipyards