Environment and Sustainable Development“Its recent workload has included providing advice on waste management, emissions, management of radioactive materials and carbon trading.“ (Chambers Europe, 2012)
Uría Menéndez advises companies and public entities on all types of environmental issues. We assist clients at every phase of sanction proceedings deriving from alleged infringements of environmental regulations.
We also advise on the environmental aspects of project development and financing (including renewable energy plants), liability for soil contamination and toxic waste management (REACH).
In commercial transactions, we work hand-in-hand with our colleagues from the Corporate and Commercial, Real Estate and Intellectual Property Practice Areas to offer clients our extensive expertise in environmental issues arising in due diligence exercises for sellers and buyers, M&A, financing and public share offers.
We advise domestic and international companies operating in a variety of sectors, such as telecommunications, aviation, automotive, paper goods, chemical, energy, distribution, food and beverages, and consumer goods.
Both as a team and as individuals, we are widely recognised by the main international legal directories.
- Proceedings before local, regional and national authorities
- Sanction proceedings
- Obtaining environmental licences and permits
- Advising public authorities on environmental proceedings
- Administrative and judicial proceedings (contentious-administrative, criminal and civil)
- Environmental due diligence exercises
- Advising public authorities on drafting environmental regulations
- Latest legal development bulletins for clients