Capital Markets“With a team of over 70 lawyers dedicated to equity and debt deals and securitisations, its resources are unparalleled.” (Chambers Europe, 2012)
Uría Menéndez has extensive experience in Spanish and Portuguese capital markets, and our team of lawyers is capable of undertaking complex transactions with a practical, market-oriented approach. We provide national and international issuers, offerors, global coordinators, underwriters and placement banks with the best possible guidance. In recent years, we have been involved in many of the most significant transactions in the Spanish market. We have advised on the listing of numerous companies traded on the IBEX 35 (Spanish Stock Exchange), the majority of which are also our clients.
According to the most highly regarded legal directories, we are a leading firm in the Spanish capital markets sector and one of the most important in Portugal. We are very proud to be the leading Iberian firm in this sector.
- Issues, public share offers and public offers for subscription
- Complex corporate transactions involving listed companies
- Accelerated and block trades
- Share buy-backs
- Employee stock options
- Simple, convertible and exchangeable bond issues
- Promissory notes
- Warrants and structured bonds
- Hybrid products (cuotas participativas, preferential shares and subordinated financial contributions issued by cooperatives)
- Corporate governance of listed companies
- Codes of conduct and transparency, and reporting obligations