Copyright“It has useful contacts with regulators and local authorities, and provides quick and clear responses with a client-oriented approach.” (Chambers Europe, 2012)
Uría Menéndez is one of the first firms in Spain to have developed a specialised Intellectual Property Practice Area for the media and information technology sector.
We advise publishers, audiovisual producers, museums, art galleries, cultural associations, radio and television entities, IT companies, telecommunications operators, and major players in the entertainment industry. Our advice covers the entire value chain of the production and use of protected contents, from the preparation, drafting and negotiation of contracts and legal opinions, through to representation in legal claims.
Our expert knowledge of the sector and of the many complex interests involved enables us to offer our clients the best strategic solutions to protect their interests.
We have extensive international experience and an in-depth knowledge of EU law and international treaties, which is key in today’s global digital market to efficiently protect and exploit intellectual property rights.
- Copyright and other similar rights
- Contracts: publishing, phonogram production, audiovisual production, TV formats and acquisition of contents
- Licences for intellectual property rights collecting societies
- Intellectual property rights infringement proceedings
- Protection of rights to honour, reputation and privacy