Adolfo Menéndez Menéndez is partner emeritus of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 2004 and was the head of the Real Estate, Planning and Environment Practice Area until 2006. Adolfo is based in the Madrid office where he is currently in the Public Law and Litigation Practice Area.
As a highly reputed specialist in administrative matters, Adolfo has advised on some of the most important matters in regulated sectors including the defence industry, transport, construction and infrastructure financing, the pharmaceutical and health industry and sporting sector. Adolfo has also been involved as an expert in the development of both Spanish and European legislation in those sectors. Adolfo has acted as a director of various leading Spanish companies.
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 1980
- State Attorney (by public examination), 1984 (on leave)
- Madrid Bar Association
- Professional Association of State Lawyers
- Secretary general of the Spanish Association of Foundations
- Vice president of the Spanish Association of Aeronautical and Space Law
- Founding member of the Spanish Aeronautical Society
- Founding member and vice president of the Administrative Regulation Forum
- Founding member of the Civil and Commercial Arbitration Court (CIMA)
- Football Arbitral Tribunal (until May 1996)
- Spanish Public Procurement Association (until May 1996)