LAUNCH OF THE NEGOTIATION PROCEDURE
On 23 July 2019, Intraestruturas de Portugal, S.A. (“IP”) – a state-owned company responsible for managing road and railway infrastructure –, launched an international public tender for the award of a contract for the modernisation works of the Mira Sintra–Meleças – Torres Vedras section of the Oeste Railway Line.
THE PUBLIC WORKS CONTRACT
According to the contract notice, the contract shall comprise the entire works for the modernisation of a 43 km section of the Oeste Railway Line, which will notably include the following:
- electrifying and connecting the Railway Section to the substation;
- constructing two double-lanes;
- eliminating, reclassifying and automatising level-crossings;
- constructing higher and lower levels for the railway;
- carrying out sporadic works in relation to buildings and passenger platforms in stations and stops; and
- carrying out the sporadic renewal and rectification of the lanes’.
The maximum price that IP is willing to pay for the works is EUR 68,500,000.00 (plus VAT).
The public works contract shall be awarded under a competitive public tender procedure. The procedure is open to all participants, but tenderers must hold valid licences allowing for the execution of the construction works.
According to the tender announcement, tenders must be submitted by 20 September 2019. Tenders will remain binding for a period of 120 days, counting as from the tender submission deadline.
The contract shall be awarded to the most economically advantageous tender. Technical quality shall account for 50% of the evaluation of the tender and price shall account for the remaining 50%.
Upon the award of the contract, the tenderer shall provide a 5% performance bond.