LAUNCH OF THE COMPETITIVE PROCEDURE
On 14 August 2019, the Regional Health Administration of Alentejo, I.P. (“RHAA”) launched an international public tender for the award of a contract for the construction works of the Hospital Central do Alentejo, a new hospital to be built in Évora, which will replace the current Hospital do Espírito Santo.
According to publicly available information, the Hospital Central do Alentejo will be based on a design by the renowned Portuguese architect Souto Moura, will have a 1.9 hectare building area and will boast a healthcare service and a palliative care unit. It will be equipped with 351 hospital beds.
The Hospital Central do Alentejo should be completed and operational by December 2023.
THE PUBLIC WORKS CONTRACT
The contract shall comprise the construction works and the supply of the necessary goods and services for the construction of the Hospital Central do Alentejo.
The maximum price that RHAA is willing to pay for the works is EUR 150.4 million (plus VAT).
The aforementioned amount will be broken down as follows, per year of contract performance:
- 2020: EUR 8.34 million;
- 2021: EUR 67.06 million;
- 2022: EUR 56.69 million; and
- 2023: EUR 18.32 million.
The public works contract shall be awarded under an international public tender procedure. The procedure is open to all participants, but tenderers must hold valid licences allowing for the execution of the construction works.
Bidders must submit their tenders by 11 November 2019. Tenders will remain binding for a period of 365 days counting as from the tender submission deadline.
The contract shall be awarded to the most economically advantageous tender. The preliminary construction works plan and the warranty period of the construction works shall account for 60% of the evaluation of the tender and price shall account for the remaining 40%.
Upon the award of the contract, the tenderer shall provide a 3% performance bond.