Juan Antonio Loste is a lawyer in the Barcelona office of Uría Menéndez, which he joined as a partner in January 2008.
He specialises in administrative and environmental law, providing advice in administrative, civil and criminal proceedings involving environmental matters. Juan Antonio advises clients on administrative procedures related to environmental permits, authorisations and concessions, both at the start of their activities and when their businesses are expanding.
Juan Antonio has advised on the development of draft laws and conditions of tenders for environmental services, and conducted analyses and audits on compliance with environmental regulations in transactions involving the transfer of industrial assets or within the scope of the self-regulating preventative measures adopted by companies.
He has been recognised as leading lawyer by Chambers Europe and Who's Who Legal since 2007.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Barcelona, 1988
- Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, 1989
- President of the Environmental Law Section of the Barcelona Bar Association
- Permanent advisory member of the Environmental Law Committee for the Promotion of Employment
- Member of the Editing Committee of the Revista Catalana de Dret Ambiental
He is an environmental law lecturer at the Universidad Abat Oliba-CEU and regularly participates as a speaker at legal seminars and conferences related to his professional practice area in UPF -Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Universitat Ramón Llull and the Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona, among others.