Juan Antonio Loste joined as partner in Uría Menendez in January 2008.
He specializes in environmental and industrial law, providing advice in administrative, civil and criminal proceedings involving environmental matters. He has advised more than 25 years the principal industrial groups of the chemical, metallurgical, paper, energetic, refine and waste sector, principally. His activity reaches the advice in processes of new implantation or transmission of industrial assets, as well as the judicial defense in contentious before contentious - administrative civil or penal jurisdiction, with implications in the different environmental vectors (water, soils, air and biodiversity). In his long experience, it has advised also public Administrations and Governments in the national and international area, in the definition of his environment policies and in the production and development of normative projects and bases for big contests of public environmental infrastructures.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Barcelona, 1988
- Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, 1989
- President of the Environmental Law Section of the Barcelona Bar Association
- Permanent advisory member of the Environmental Law Committee for the Promotion of Employment
- Member of the Editing Committee of the Revista Catalana de Dret Ambiental
Juan Antonio is an environmental law lecturer at the Universidad Pompeu Fabra.