Uría & Menéndez, a leader in European Knowledge Management
Uria & Menendez has been recognised as the only law firm in Europe to be acclaimed in knowledge management alongside 17 other prestigious European companies.January 30, 2004
The last European report carried out by MAKE (Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises), which has only recently been published, provides international recognition to European companies which create, share and use knowledge effectively and efficiently in their day to day business. The report recognises the efforts made by companies who believe that by transforming this knowledge into ideas, products and highly creative and profitable solutions they become more competitive.
Uría & Menéndez have been selected alongside the following companies:
• Aventis (France)
• BMW (Germany)
• BP (UK)
• BT (UK)
• Cap Gemini Ernst & Young (France)
• DaimlerChrysler (Germany)
• Inditex Group (Spain)
• Nokia (Finland)
• Norsk Tipping (Norway)
• Renault (France)
• Rolls-Royce (UK)
• Royal Dutch/Shell (Netherlands/UK)
• Schlumberger (France)
• Siemens (Germany)
• Telefónica Móviles (Spain)
• Unilever (Netherlands/UK)
The following topics were analysed in the report:
- creating a successful corporate knowledge driven culture.
- developing knowledge management through the support provided by the management of the company.
- the ability to develop and deliver knowledge-based products and solutions.
- maximising the value of intellectual corporate capital.
- efficiency to create an environment adapted for collaborative knowledge sharing.
- establishing a constant learning culture which encourages employee training.
- the delivery of improved solutions to clients.
- transforming corporate knowledge into shareholder value.
This report has been carried out by Teleos, an independent knowledge management investigation company and Know Network, a web based community specialised in the study of knowledge management.
The ratings were obtained through a series of questionnaires sent to the general managers, financial directors and IT directors of the 500 companies with the largest annual turnover (Fortune Global 500). Furthermore, other directors and experts with a highly respectable reputation for knowledge management were chosen to participate in these questionnaires.
For several years now, Uria & Menendez have been making considerable breakthroughs in the implementation of a complete knowledge management system that enables our lawyers to use legal templates, promotional materials, specific means to encourage legal training and daily reports concerning new legislation and case law. At the same time, this system provides a complete overview of all the relevant organisational aspects and professional practice issues of the firm.
The firm's aim is to be recognised by the quality of its legal advice and service, its capacity for innovation and the ability to assist clients achieve their business objectives.