Uría Menéndez, one of Europe’s 10 best companies in knowledge management and innovation
The firm receives this recognition for a second successive year.November 25, 2009
Uría Menéndez is one of the 10 best companies in Europe for its knowledge management and innovation according to the MAKE 2009 study (Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises). For a second year in a row, Uría Menéndez has been the only European law firm to be singled out for the importance it gives to this area, which in turn gives the firm singular qualities. Together with the firm, nine other prestigious international companies were acknowledged.
- BP (United Kingdom)
- British Broadcasting Corporation (United Kingdom)
- Ericsson (Sweden)
- IKEA (Sweden)
- Mondragon Cooperative Corporation (Spain)
- Nokia (Finland)
- Royal Dutch Shell (Netherlands/ United Kingdom)
- SAP (Germany)
- Siemens (Germany)
- Uría Menéndez (Spain)
* In alphabetical order.
In its ninth edition, MAKE 2009, singled out the European market leaders in the use of knowledge to better results in the areas of innovation, operational effectiveness and excellence in their services as well as in their products. The indicators analysed included:
- Creation of a successful corporate knowledge-driven culture
- The management body’s support of knowledge management
- Maximization of corporate intellectual capital
- Creation of a setting for knowledge sharing
- Development of a continuous learning culture
- Provision of value added solutions to clients
- Transformation of corporate knowledge into value for shareholders
The study was carried out by Teleos, an independent knowledge management and intellectual capital research company and the Know Network, a Web-based global community of organizations dedicated to networking, benchmarking and sharing best knowledge practices leading to superior organizational performance.
The results came from questionnaires sent to senior executives and internationally renowned knowledge management and intellectual capital experts from Fortune Global 500.