Carles Vendrell joined the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez in 2009 and he is partner of the firm since 2019. From September 2011 to February 2012 he was seconded to the Frankfurt office of Hengeler Mueller.
His practice is focused on various areas of commercial litigation. Carles advises national and multinational companies on disputes concerning intellectual property, unfair competition, contract and tort law, and consumer protection matters.
He also advises on non-contentious matters involving patents, trademarks, designs, advertising law, consumer protection, as well as on privacy and image rights-related issues.
- Law Degree, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 2002
- Ph.D. in Law, Universitat de Barcelona, 2010 (special distinction)
- Recipient of the XIII Francisco de Asís Sancho Rebullida Award for the best doctoral thesis in civil law, Universidad de Navarra, 2012
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Literary and Artistic Copyright Association (ALAI/ALADDA)
Carles is a civil law lecturer at the School of Law of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
He also lectures on the Master’s Degree in Information and Communication Technologies, Social Networks and Intellectual Property Law at ESADE Business School, and on the Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property and New Technologies Law at the School of Law of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.