Darya joined Uría Menéndez in 2011.
She is an expert in customs and international trade law. She advises frequently in matters such as customs procedures, rules of origin, customs value of the goods, Value Added Tax and excise duties. She also advises on restrictive measures (sanctions) and export controls, especially those related to dual- use goods and technology and military items.
At the same time, Darya is a specialist in tax and customs litigation and EU tax law. She advises in audits, collection procedures, sanctioning procedures and exchanges and requests of information, as well as constitutional and fundamental freedoms and rights’ matters related to tax and customs law.
Darya worked in the Court of Justice of the European Union and has a broad experience in tax and customs disputes, both before national and European authorities.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Alicante and Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, 2011
- Master’s Degree in Taxation, Centro de Estudios Financieros (CEF), 2014
- Business Administration Degree, Universidad de Alicante, 2015
- Madrid Bar Association
- Spanish Association for the Study of European Law
- International Network of Customs Universities
Darya is an associate professor in the Department of Tax and Financial Law of the University Carlos III of Madrid and she is a regular lecturer in different masters and specialised courses.