Guillermo García is a lawyer in the Barcelona office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the law firm in 2008 and he has been working as an associate in the real estate and in the litigation & arbitration departments. Currently, he is in charge of coordinating the litigation area at Barcelona.
His main area of ??practice is legal advice to banks and financial institutions, which he usually represents in proceedings on:
- validity and enforcement of contracts;
- enforcement of in-rem guarantees;
- general contracting terms;
- unfair clauses;
- credit collection;
- insolvency; and
- collective actions filed by consumers.
Likewise, he has occasionally participated in relevant matters related, among others, to the advice of:
- multinationals in damages actions deriving from sanctions imposed by the European Commission or by the Spanish CNMC;
- board of directors in proceedings related to directors’ liability;
- developers in cases of existence of building defects; and
- buyers or sellers in different modalities of operations of sale and lease of real estate, hotel chains, shopping malls and retail stores.
- Law Degree, Universidad Pompeu Fabra, 2008.
- Economics & Business Management Degree, Universidad Pompeu Fabra, 2006.
- Barcelona Bar Association.
Guillermo currently lectures at ESADE Law School.