Luis Viñuales is partner of Uría Menéndez since 2003. He started his career as a tax lawyer in 1991 and joined the firm in 1997 Luis has headed the Tax Practice in Barcelona from 2010 to 2020.
Luis provides general tax advice to both resident and non-resident entities in the following areas: banking and finance, energy, industry, consulting and services, sports and entertainment. He frequently advises on cross-border business transactions.
He also advises high net worth individuals, including artists and sports players, on their tax planning.
Luis has provided advice to regulated entities on the prevention of money laundering and participated as a legal expert before MONEYVAL (Council of Europe) from 2007 to 2018.
Various international legal directories have named Luis a leading lawyer in his practice areas.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Barcelona, 1990
- Postgraduate course in taxation, Professional Association of Economists of Catalonia, 1992
- Postgraduate course in corporate law, Legal Practice School, Barcelona, 1992
- Barcelona Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association
- Spanish Association of Tax Advisors (member of the research committee of the Catalan-Balearic Islands branch)
- Lex Mundi, Global Tax Committee. Regional Vice Chair for Europe/Middle East/Africa (2012-2019)
Between 1998 and 2001, Luis was a lecturer in international taxation on the master’s degree programme at the Universidad Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona.
From 2001 to 2005, he lectured on the master’s degree programme on tax advice and management at ESADE, part of the Universidad Ramón Llull, Barcelona.
Luis is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences.