Francisco is a partner in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He currently co-heads the M&A and Private Equity Practice Areas.
He joined the firm in 2001 and is a partner since January 2012. From January to July 2007, Francisco was seconded to the M&A group of Shearman & Sterling LLP in New York as part of its International Associate Programme.
His practice spans across corporate and commercial law generally, with a focus in public and private M&A, private equity, banking and capital markets.
He is a recurrent advisor to some of the biggest financial entities in Spain in their corporate and M&A transactions, as well as in regulatory matters. He also regularly advises domestic and international private equity firms, both in the large and mid-markets.
Francisco is recognized as a leading lawyer by the main international legal directories in the M&A and private equity areas.
- Law Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, 2001
- Business Administration Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, 2002
- Madrid Bar Association
- Lecturer on corporate law in the master’s degree in private law offered by the Madrid Bar Association (2004-2008).
- Lecturer on insolvency law at the Madrid Bar Association.
- Lecturer on international business law on the master’s degree programme at the Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid (2005).
- Lecturer on credit markets on the master’s degree programme in business law offered by the Fundación Carolina (2010).