Martín Jordano joined Uría Menéndez in March 2012 and is an attorney at the corporate department of the Madrid office. From September 2016 to May 2017, he worked as a visiting lawyer at the New York office of Sullivan & Cromwell LLP.
His professional practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, company law and corporate governance.
He regularly advises in both public and private M&A transactions (in Spain and in transactions with a heavy multijurisdictional component), in equity and debt issuances and in the Spanish law aspects of international financings. Additionally, he dedicates a substantial part of his work to Company law and corporate governance matters, such as general shareholders’ meetings of both listed and non-listed companies, conflicts of interests, fiduciary duties of directors and complex internal reorganizations through innovative structures. Likewise, he has experience in other commercial law matters, such as regulatory issues relating to the capital markets, investment rounds of start-ups and “family protocols”, among others.
- Law Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas de Madrid, ICADE, 2011.
- Business Management and Administration Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas de Madrid, ICADE, 2012.
- Exchange program. A.B. Freeman School of Business. Tulane University. New Orleans (LA), United States of America (2011).
- Madrid Bar Association.
- Adjunct professor at IE Law School of the course “M&A Inside”
- Lecturer of the course “Commercial and Civil Practice” at Masters for Access to the Legal Profession at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Lecturer of the course “Corporate organization of the legal profession” at Masters for Access to the Legal Profession at Universidad Pontificia Comillas – ICADE
- Lecturer of the course “General Shareholders’ Meetings” at Masters of Corporate at ISDE Law Business School
- Lecturer at the High Specialization Course on Assets and Businesses Acquisitions at Escuela de Práctica Jurídica de la Universidad Complutense de Madrid.