Ismael Clemente is a partner in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 1999.
He specialises in white-collar crime and has represented clients in some of the most significant criminal proceedings conducted in Spain in recent years concerning:
- Large-scale commercial and bank fraud.
- Corporate crime and corrupt practices.
- Bankruptcy fraud.
- Tax fraud (especially VAT fraud and “missing trader” investigations).
- Environmental crime.
- Work-related accidents, advising on both criminal and employment law aspects.
- Doping in sports (he has represented clients in the most important proceedings conducted in Spain).
He handles cases before the Audiencia Nacional, the Supreme Court and all other criminal courts.
He has also advised on civil litigation matters (most notably, damages claims).
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 1997
- Madrid Bar Association
Ismael was a lecturer and advisor on economic criminal law at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya from 2005 to 2007. He also lectured on the master’s programme on business law at the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas-ICADE from 2005 to 2008 in matters relating to business crime.
He frequently speaks at courses, seminars and conferences on criminal law.