José Soria is a partner in the Barcelona office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 2000.
He focuses his practice on corporate law (mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, shareholder conflicts, commercial contracting and joint ventures), energy law, pharmaceutical law, real estate law and project finance.
He advises Spanish and foreign companies on the promotion, financing, investment and management of projects related to his practice areas, as well as start-ups and tech companies on private equity deals.
José advised the developers in a project finance transaction that was named European Renewable Energy Deal of the Year.
He is secretary to the board of Unicef Catalunya and the board of trustees of Fundación Centre d´Estudis d´Història Contemporània, Biblioteca Josep M. Figueras. He is also secretary to the boards of directors of several companies
Best Lawyers in Spain has named José a leading lawyer for Corporate and M&A, and as a leading lawyer for Banking and Finance and Corporate and M&A.
José was one of the winners of the Iberian Lawyer 40 Under Forty Awards, which recognise the achievements of the new generation of top lawyers in Spain and Portugal.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Barcelona, 1998
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Member of the Commercial Law Section of the Barcelona Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Lecturer in the Practicum on Electronic Commerce, University of Barcelona (2002-2009).
- Lecturer in the Master in Real Estate and Urban Management, APCE-Autonoma University of Barcelona (2009-2010).
- Since 2016 he is Lecturer in Corporate Law in the Màster d'accés a l'exercici de l'advocacia.
- Since 2017 he is Assistant lecturer at Commercial Law at Pompeu Fabra University.
- Since 2018 he is Assistant lecturer at the Master in International Business Law at ESADE Law.
- Since 2023 he is Assistant lecturer at Commercial Law at the Abat Oliba University.
He is a regular speaker and commentator at law seminars and conferences pertaining to his field of expertise.