Nuno Salazar Casanova is a partner of the firm since 2015 and has been a lawyer in the Litigation Practice Area of Uría Menéndez-Proença de Carvalho’s Lisbon office since 2004.
He represents clients in judicial proceedings on a wide range of litigation matters, including civil, administrative, criminal and commercial proceedings. He also participates in arbitrations as attorney and as arbitrator.
In the last years he has represented clients in complex disputes, both national and international, regarding derivatives and other financial products.
He has ample experience in administrative proceedings ranging from infringements to banking, finance, securities and environmental law.
He represents clients in insolvency and restructuring proceedings, and has participated in numerous cases involving multiple jurisdictions.
- Law Degree, Universidade de Lisboa, 2002
- Postgraduate Degree in European Studies, 2005
- Portuguese Bar Association
- Club Español de Arbitraje
- Associação Portuguesa de Arbitragem
- Concórdia - Centro de Conciliação, Mediação de Conflitos e Arbitragem
- Forum Penal - Associação de Advogados Penalistas
- INSOL Europe