Tânia Luísa Faria is counsel at Uría Menéndez-Proença de Carvalho, in Lisbon, and has worked in both the Lisbon and Brussels offices.
Her practice area is EU law and EU and Portuguese competition law, and in particular merger control issues, cartels, abuses of dominant positions and State aid.
She acts for clients in various sectors, including the financial, motor vehicles, telecommunications and media, air transport, energy, retail distribution and pharmaceutical sectors.
She is a member of the Portuguese Competition Lawyers Association and assistant lecturer at the Law Faculty of the University of Lisbon.
Tânia was recognized by the legal directories Chambers Europe, Who’s Who Legal and Legal 500.
- Law Degree, Universidade de Lisboa, 2004
- Post-graduate studies - Regulatory Authorities, Universidade de Lisboa, 2007
- Post-graduate studies - EU Competition Law, Queen Mary-University of London, 2009
- Master’s Degree in Law and Economics, Universidade de Lisboa, 2012
- Ph.D. Student – Law and Economics, Universidade de Lisboa, 2013
- Portuguese Bar Association
- Portuguese Competition Lawyers Association (Círculo dos Advogados Portugueses de Direito da Concorrência)
Teaching assistant at the University of Lisbon since 2009.