Antonio Guerra is a partner based in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm as counsel in June 2007. Previously, Antonio was the Director of the Spanish Competition Tribunal for more than six years, where he participated directly in the decision-making process in a wide range of cases involving industries such as energy, telecoms, wholesale distribution, food and beverages and media. During his term at the Tribunal, he was also responsible for relations with the European Commission, national regulators (National Energy Commission and National Telecommunications Commission), the regional competition authorities, the Latin American competition authorities and multilateral institutions such as the IMF and World Bank.
His practice focuses on EU and Spanish competition law. He advises companies and associations from the banking, insurance, telecoms, media, environment, energy, food or transport industries in all types of proceedings before the National Competition Commission and the European Commission.
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 1994
- Doctorate, International Economics, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1996
- Degree, EC Competition and Commerce Law, Cambridge University (Downing College), 2000
- Madrid Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Spanish Association for the Defence of Competition (AEDC)
- Lecturer, Master’s Degree in Corporate and Tax Law, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, since 2009.
- Lecturer, Practicum on European Law, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, since 2007.
- Lecturer, Master’s Degree in Competition Law and Economics, Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles, Madrid, since 2001.
- Lecturer, Master’s Degree in Competition and Market Regulation, Universidad Autónoma, Barcelona, 2002-2007.
- Lecturer on intellectual property rights and competition law, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, 2001-2006.
- Lecturer, Master’s Degree in International Relations and Foreign Trade, Aliter, Madrid, 1999-2006.
- Lecturer, Master’s Degree in Media Company Management, Instituto de Empresa, Madrid, 2000-2006.