Víctor Viana is a lawyer in the Madrid office Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 2000 and became a partner in 2008.
Víctor specialises in corporate tax law. He regularly advises on M&A, corporate restructuring transactions, real estate transactions and tax proceedings. During his professional career he has also advised on tax planning for both foreign investments in Spain and Spanish investments abroad. He has most recently advised:
- shareholders on the sale of a leading transport group;
- a leading Spanish insurance company on the sale of its Spanish subsidiary;
- private equity groups on international investments;
- clients from various sectors on sale and leaseback transactions;
- developers on the construction and sale of shopping centres in Spain;
- international groups regarding their real estate investments in Spain;
- compensation boards (juntas de compensación) in major real estate developments;
- clients on tax inspections, litigation and criminal offences.
- Law Degree, specialising in economics, Universidad de Deusto, 1994
- Madrid Bar Association
- Vigo Bar Association
- Representative of the Spanish Association of Tax Advisers (AEDAF) before the Confédération Fiscale Européenne
Victor is a tax law lecturer at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
He also lectures on the Master’s Degree on International Tax Law (ICADE), the Master’s Degree on Real Estate and Construction Companies Management (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura) and the Master’s Degree on Financial and Economic Management (ESADE-Madrid).
He regularly gives seminars at the Instituto de Empresa, Unidad Editorial, IFAES, Institute for International Research, Instituto de Fomento Empresarial, Instituto Superior de Técnicas y Prácticas Bancarias and the Interban Network.