Carlos Durán is a partner in the Tax Practice Area of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 2003 and from 2007 to 2010 he was responsible for the tax practice in the New York office.
Carlos specialises in corporate taxation. He regularly advises on M&A transactions, private equity deals, real estate investments and on the international tax planning of Spanish investments abroad (especially in the US and Latin America) and foreign investments in Spain.
Carlos frequently advises high net worth individuals and companies on their tax planning, professional sportsmen, efficient remuneration schemes and is also engaged in tax litigation matters.
- Law Degree, ESADE, Barcelona, 2003
- Master’s Degree in Taxation, ESADE, Barcelona, 2004
- Executive Program on U.S. International Taxation, New York University, 2008
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Member of the Spanish Association of Tax Advisers (AEDAF)
- International Fiscal Association
Carlos lectures on international taxation in the Master’s Degree on Tax Management at ESADE (since 2013).
He also lectures on international business law and taxation on the Executive MBA at ESADE (since 2011).
Carlos is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences on subjects pertaining to his field of expertise organised by a number of institutions (e.g. the Spanish Association of Tax Professionals and Foment del Treball Nacional).