Elizabeth Torrecillas is the managing partner of Uría Menéndez’s Valencia office. She joined the firm in 1995 and became a partner in 2004. She is a member of the Finance Practice.
Her main practice areas are corporate, commercial and contract law, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and financing, with a particular focus on acquisitions and real estate transactions. Elizabeth also advises insurance companies and managers of pension plans and funds.
Elizabeth has advised on transactions of a very varied nature, including:
- financing agreements and debt restructuring, both bilateral and syndicated, particularly in the real estate and services sectors;
- debt capital markets transactions and securitisations, both local and international, including advice to public sector clients;
- corporate acquisitions and joint ventures;
- mergers and the restructuring of corporate groups;
- contracts in general and, in particular, distribution agreements and consumer rights;
- insurance company transactions, including company acquisitions, mergers and portfolio transfers, as well as general regulatory advice.
She is the non-executive secretary or vice-secretary to the board of several companies.
- Law Degree, Universitat de Valencia, 1990
- Master's Degree in Tax Law, Escuela de la Empresa, 1992
- Valencia Bar Association. Member of the Deontology Committee and of the EU and International Law Section Executive Committee
Elizabeth teaches commercial law in the Universidad Católica de Valencia and on several post-graduate programmes organised by the Universitat de Valencia, the EDEM Foundation and the Fundación de Estudios Bursátiles, among others.
She also lectures at conferences and seminars on her practice areas, particularly in financing and business law matters.