Felipe Iglesias has been a consultant in the Real Estate, Planning and Environmental Law Practice Area in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez since June 2002.
Felipe focuses on planning law, the regulation of public property and real estate law. He advises public and private entities on a variety of matters, including:
- The drafting of urban planning instruments.
- Planning permit applications.
- The development projects for shopping centres, tourist complexes, golf courses, prominent buildings, etc.
He has also been involved in the drafting stages of Spanish legislation and is a member of the editorial board of the Revista de Derecho Urbanístico y Medio Ambiente (Planning and Environmental Law Review) (formerly he was secretary to the board and assistant managing editor).
He is regarded as a leading lawyer by the main international legal directories.
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 1992
- Ph.D. in Law, cum laude, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 1999
- Association of Professors of Administrative Law
- Spanish Planning Law Association
Felipe balances his professional activity as a legal advisor in Uría Menéndez with his regular teaching activities. He is PhD in Law and has been an associate professor in the Universidad Autónoma in Madrid since 2002.
He is also a regular lecturer on subjects related to planning law in specialised courses and master's degree programmes.