Xavier Codina joined Uría Menéndez in 2016 and he is Senior Associate of Uría Menendez’s Public and Environmental Law Practice Area.
His activity focuses on advising domestic and foreign entities and public administrations on matters related to Spanish administrative law and European Union law, such as prevention of money laundering and international sanctions, award and execution of public procurement, authorisations and permits, public property, sanctioning proceedings, public grants, public infrastructure, or liability of public authorities, among others.
Xavier also regularly appears before Spanish administrative courts and before the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Xavier holds a PhD in Law and is currently a lecturer in Administrative Law and European Union Law at CUNEF University and in public procurement at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- PhD in Law from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Doctoral thesis: “The modification of public contracts and the general interest” (2016).
- Public Procurement Law and Policy Certificate by the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom (2015).
- LL.M. in Public Law, Specialty in Administrative Law from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (2012).
- Degree in Business Administration and Management from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (2010).
- Degree in Law in from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (2009).
- Madrid Bar Association
Xavier is PhD in Law and he currently holds a Professor position at Colegio Universitario de Estudios Financieros (CUNEF) in both Administrative Law and European Union Law.