Javier González is a lawyer of the Madrid’s office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 2010 and is a member of the Litigation and Arbitration Practice Area.
He represents clients before the courts and in arbitration proceedings. He is also active in all stages of pre-litigation.
Javier advises on civil and commercial disputes mainly in the following areas:
- Contractual liability: construction and works agreements, engineering agreements, defects in construction projects, sale and purchase agreements, lease agreements banking agreements, insurance agreements, agency and distribution agreements.
- Corporate litigation: challenging corporate agreements, disputes between shareholders and liability actions against directors, liquidation of companies in court.
- Bankruptcy proceedings.
- Tortious liability.
- Enforcement of in rem and personal securities.
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign decisions and foreign public instruments in Spain.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Salamanca, 2003
- Postgraduate doctoral courses, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, 2004-2006
- Madrid Bar Association
- Las Palmas Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Club de Derecho de la Construcción y la Ingeniería
- Club Español de Arbitraje
Javier Gonzalez is an associate lecturer on Private International Law in the Faculty of Law of Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE). He teaches several subjects relating to the field of Private International Law at undergraduate and graduate levels.
He is also a visiting lecturer on Civil Procedural Law on the Master’s Degree on Access to the Legal Profession at Universidad Villanueva.
He regularly participates as a speaker and panelist at seminars and conferences on subjects relating to his field of expertise.