Jaime del Fraile is based in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez.
He joined Uría Menéndez in 2012 and was made senior associate of the firm in 2019. From September 2016 to May 2017, Jaime was seconded to the New York office of Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP as foreign associate.
His practice focuses on advising on all types of transactions in the insurance and reinsurance market, both domestic and cross border (M&A transactions involving insurance companies, bancassurance joint ventures, portfolio assignments, etc.), and on regulatory matters, including insurance distribution and reinsurance. He also has considerable experience in corporate matters and general M&A.
Jaime has also been involved in the sale and purchase of debt recovery platforms of credit institutions advising both credit institutions and debt collection service providers.
- Law Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE, E-3), Madrid, 2011.
- Business Administration Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE, E-3), Madrid, 2012.
- Madrid Bar Association.
- Lecturer on the master’s programme on International Advocacy, Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE).
- Lecturer on the master’s programme on international business law, Universidad San Pablo CEU.
- Lecturer on the master’s programme “Expert in business law”, Universidad San Pablo CEU.