Leticia López-Lapuente joined Uría Menéndez in 2004 and she is partner of the firm since 2019. She heads the data protection and e-commerce area of the firm.
She has more than 20 years of experience advising companies in the technology sector and also to financial and industrial companies in matters specifically related to technology and protection of personal data.
She provides advice on commercial and regulatory aspects, including the preparation and negotiation of contracts (such as outsourcing, cloud computing or digitalization), advice on the protection of personal data and privacy including defense in proceedings before the Spanish Data Protection Agency, cybersecurity, mergers and acquisitions with technological components, consumer law and e-commerce, use of biometric technologies, artificial intelligence, big data, public procurement law, representation before Public Administrations, etc.
- Law Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, 2003
- Finance specialisation course, AB Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, New Orleans, 2003
- Degree in Business Administration, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, 2004
- Madrid Bar Association
- Spanish Association of Privacy Professionals
- Vice-secretary of the COTEC Foundation