Antonio Herrera joined Uría Menéndez in 1997 in Madrid. After a six-month secondment to the New York office of a U.S. law firm, Antonio spent five years in the Barcelona office of Uría Menéndez. He headed Uría Menéndez’s New York office from June 2007 to September 2012 and since then he has been the managing partner of Uría Menéndez’s Barcelona office.
Antonio’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, banking and securities law. He regularly advises:
- private and listed companies, including venture capital and private equity firms, on mergers and acquisitions, joint-ventures and corporate restructuring transactions;
- on equity and debt issuances and capital markets regulations; and
- on project and structured finance.
IFLR 1000 and Chambers have named Antonio a leading lawyer for project finance in Spain.
- Law Degree (summa cum laude), Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE E-3), Madrid, 1997
- Business Administration Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE E-3), Madrid/University College of Dublin, Dublin, 1998
- Madrid Bar Association
- Lecturer on the Master’s Degree Programme for European Lawyers, Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid (1999-2002).
- Lecturer on corporate law, Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid (2000-2001).
- Assistant lecturer on corporate law, Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE E-3), Madrid (2001-2002).
- Lecturer on the Master’s Degree Programme in E-Commerce, Universidad de Barcelona (2002-2004).
- Lecturer on the ISDE Master’s Degree Programme, Universidad de Barcelona (2004-2005).
Antonio is a regular speaker at law seminars and conferences.