Carlos López-Quiroga has been a partner of the firm since 2002. He joined Uría Menéndez in January 2000 when the boutique maritime and transport law firm Figaredo & Asociados merged with Uría Menéndez.
His practice focuses on maritime and transport law. He has over 25 years’ experience advising in M&A and corporate restructuring transactions in the transport sector, both domestic and foreign.
Carlos has advised financial entities and industrial companies connected with the maritime, aviation and transport sectors.
Carlos has been recommended for shipping law (financing) by, among others, Chambers Europe 2008-2017 and Best Lawyers in Spain 2013-2018.
- Law Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas- ICADE (E-1), Madrid, 1991
- Prize for Special Achievement in the Master in Maritime Law (LL. M.), European Institute of Maritime Studies (I. E. E. M.), Gijón, 1992
- Madrid Bar Association
- He is a frequent speaker at seminars and conferences related to his area of expertise.
- He is regularly invited to lecture on maritime law at various organisations and institutions (I.E.E.M; C.O.M.M.E; I.M.E, 'Escuela de Administración Marítima del Gobierno Vasco').
- Lecturer in the Master’s Degree of Business Law at the Universidad de Navarra.