Carlos Paredes joined Uría Menéndez in 1995 and became a partner in January 2005. He is currently based in the Madrid office.
Carlos was seconded to Simpson Thacher & Bartlett between September 1999 and March 2000.
During 2001 and 2002, Carlos headed up the firm's office in Lima (Peru), where he acquired first-hand experience in Latin America.
His practice focuses on commercial and company law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, banking and securities law, and he regularly advises:
- private and listed companies on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructuring transactions, both in Spain and in Latin America;
- financial entities, listed companies and venture capital firms; and
- on issues of equity and debt.
- Law Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, 1994
- Economics Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, 1995
- Madrid Bar Association
- Lecturer on company law at the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (since 2012).
- Lecturer on corporate law at the Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (2009-2010).
- Lecturer on business law in the master's degree programme at the Fundación Carolina, Madrid (2008-2009).
- Lecturer on business law in the master's degree programme at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (2007-2008).
- Lecturer on the master’s degree programme on legal practice at the Instituto de Empresa (2006-2007).
- Lecturer on international legal practice in the master's degree programme at the Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid (2005-2006).
- Lecturer on international business law in the master's degree programme at the Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles, Madrid (2003-2004).
Carlos is a regular speaker and commentator at law seminars and conferences pertaining to his practice areas.