Jaime joined the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez in 1998 and became a partner in 2008. He was managing partner of the firm’s New York office from 2012 to 2016. Between 2001 and 2002 he took part in Sullivan & Cromwell's Visiting Lawyers Program in New York.
Jaime's practice focuses on corporate and banking law and he specialises in M&A, of both private and listed companies, in public share offers and in capital markets transactions (debt and equity capital markets, liability management, etc.). He also has vast experience in finance transactions and advises credit entities on regulatory issues.
Jaime is regarded as a leading lawyer in capital markets and mergers and acquisitions by all the major publications (Best Lawyers, Chambers Global, etc.).
- Law Degree, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1995
- Master's Degree in Business Legal Practice, Instituto de Empresa, Madrid, 1997
- Madrid Bar Association
- Commercial law lecturer, Universidad San Pablo CEU, Instituto de Estudios Europeos, Madrid, 2000-2009.
- Finance and M&A lecturer, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, 2006-2012.
- Commercial contract law lecturer, Universidad San Pablo CEU, Instituto de Estudios Europeos, Madrid, 2002-2006.
- Banking law lecturer, Instituto de Empresa, Madrid, 2005.
Jaime regularly participates as a speaker at law seminars and conferences relating to his field of expertise.