Catarina Tavares Loureiro joined the Lisbon office of Uría Menéndez-Proença de Carvalho in 2006 and became a partner in 2018. In 2010, she worked in the firm’s Madrid office.
Catarina was seconded to the New York office of Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP as a foreign associate in 2012 and 2013.
Catarina focuses her practice on corporate law. She is particularly experienced in advising on:
- mergers and acquisitions of both private and listed companies operating in the Portuguese financial, industrial and service sectors;
- corporate governance, joint ventures, shareholder disputes and shareholding restructurings;
- investments and divestments by private equity funds, and regulatory aspects of their business; and
- financing transactions.
- Law Degree, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2006
- Postgraduate Degree in Securities, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa, 2012
- Portuguese Bar Association