Catarina Tavares Loureiro joined the Lisbon office of Uría Menéndez - Proença de Carvalho in 2006 and became a senior associate in 2015. In 2010, Catarina worked in the firm’s Madrid office.
She was seconded to the New York office of Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP as a foreign associate from September 2012 until March 2013.
Catarina focuses her practice on corporate law. She is particularly experienced in advising:
- on mergers and acquisitions of both private and listed companies, in a variety of financial, industrial and service sectors in Portugal;
- on joint ventures, shareholder disputes and shareholding restructurings;
- on corporate governance in listed and private companies;
- private equity funds on their incorporation and regulatory aspects, as well as their investments and divestments;
- companies and banks on acquisition and project finance and refinancing transactions.
- Law Degree, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2006
- Postgraduate Degree in Securities, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa, 2012
- Portuguese Bar Association