Tomás Acosta is a partner in the corporate – M&A group of Uría Menéndez’s Madrid office. He joined the firm in 2008 and during 2012 and 2014 was seconded in our London office. In addition, during 2019 and 2021 he was serving out of the Santiago de Chile office of PPU, our sister firm in Latin America.
His practice covers a broad spectrum of corporate and finance law matters. He is focused on mergers and acquisitions (both private and public), private equity transactions, corporate restructuring and corporate governance. He also has wide experience in debt issuances, project and acquisition finance.
Tomás’ practice is remarkably global. He has advised international private equity firms, industrial clients and financial entities in their investments and divestments across Europe and Latin America.
- Law Degree with Honours, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE, E-3), Madrid, 2007
- Business Administration Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE, E-3), Madrid, 2008
- Madrid Bar Association
- Solicitors Regulation Authority (as a Registered European Lawyer)
- Lecturer at Masters for Access to the Legal Profession at Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE). Director of the module “Corporate organization of the legal profession”, between 2016 and 2018.
- Lecturer at the Madrid Bar Association seminar on “A practical view of shareholders’ agreements”, 2015.
- Lecturer at the Madrid Bar Association seminar on “Price and liability on private M&A”, 2015 and 2016.