Tomás Acosta is a partner seating it Uría Menéndez’s corporate and M&A group.
He joined the firm’s Madrid office in 2008 and between 2012 and 2014 was based in our London office. Since April 2019, Tomás is based in the Chilean office of PPU, Uría Menéndez’s sister firm in Latin America.
His remarkably international practice is focused on public and private mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and equity and debt issuances. He also advises frequently on other commercial matters, such as corporate governance and national and international contracting.
Tomás counsels on a regular basis private equity firms, industrial clients and national and international financial institutions on their investments and divestments in Europe and Latin America.
- Law Degree with Honours, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE, E-3), Madrid, 2007
- Business Administration Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE, E-3), Madrid, 2008
- Madrid Bar Association
- Solicitors Regulation Authority (as a Registered European Lawyer)
- Lecturer at Masters for Access to the Legal Profession at Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE). Director of the module “Corporate organization of the legal profession”, between 2016 and 2018.
- Lecturer at the Madrid Bar Association seminar on “A practical view of shareholders’ agreements”, 2015.
- Lecturer at the Madrid Bar Association seminar on “Price and liability on private M&A”, 2015 and 2016.