Juan is a corporate lawyer at Uría Menéndez’s Madrid office, which he joined in 2015. He was appointed senior associate in 2021. Before that, he was seconded to the New York office in 2018 and 2019.
Juan focuses his professional practice mainly on M&A, corporate law and corporate governance, also providing expert advice on corporate disputes. He also has vast experience in commercial and civil matters, including the stock market, advising family-owned businesses and on complex civil and commercial transactions.
Juan regularly advises on both public and private M&A transactions, both in Spain and those with a significant international component. He also frequently advises on corporate law, corporate governance, internal reorganisations using sophisticated structures, family agreements (protocolos familiares), shareholder agreements and corporate conflicts. He also assists clients with complex civil matters related to family businesses and estate planning.
- Law degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 2010
- Business Management and Administration Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 2010
- Madrid Bar Association
- New York Bar Association (Foreign Legal Consultant)
- Lecturer of the course “M&A and corporate governance” at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- Lecturer at Masters for Access to the Legal Profession at CES Cardenal Cisneros.