Francisco Javier Garcia joined Uría Menéndez in 2011.
He focuses his practice on advising Spanish and foreign companies on various regulated industries such as pharmaceutical, tobacco, e-commerce, IoT, software, cosmetics and fashion.
Francisco Javier regularly advises on all areas of intellectual and industrial property, in particular, commercial transactions that have important technological aspects, intellectual property and unfair competition litigation, consumer disputes and privacy related matters. He has extensive experience on drug advertising, healthtech, contractual negotiation and compliance in the pharmaceutical industry.
He is President of the Fashion Law Commission of the International Association of Lawyers.
- Law Degree, Universidad Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona 2010.
- Postgraduate in Civil and Commercial litigation specialization, Barcelona 2011.
- Business and Management Degree, Universidad Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona 2012.
- Barcelona Bar Association
- International Association of Lawyers
- Lecturer on the Universidad Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona) (since 2020)
- Lecturer on the Master Degree on IT, Social Network and IP in ESADE (since 2016 and coordinator of the trademark module since 2021).
- Lecturer on the Master Degree on European Law on privacy rights (since 2021).
- Lecturer on the Master Degree on International Business Law on Online Business School (2015 to 2019 editions).
He is also a regular speaker and commentator at law seminars and conferences.